- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Swimming pool
- Landscaped gardens
Cadogan House is a beautiful, classically designed eight bedroom home with indoor swimming pool. Set in 1.2 acres of landscaped gardens, the property is located at the end a private road on the Wentworth Estate in Surrey.
The prestigious Wentworth Estate is just 45 minutes from London and 15 minutes from Heathrow. It is one of Europe’s foremost countryside locations and centrally placed amidst world class amenities. Fine dining, elite schools, universities, top sporting events and venues are all within easy reach.
Cadogan House is a beautiful, classically designed and imposing 8 bedroom home with indoor swimming pool. It is set on a 1.2 acre plot with a 30 m frontage at the end of one of the estate’s private roads.
Behind the bespoke electric gates, the imposing frontage looks out onto a shingle drive with ample parking for guests.
Cadogan House sits in grounds of 1.2 acres with the main terrace and formal lawn facing due south ensuring sunlight throughout the day.
Cadogan House is a home for entertaining on a grand scale. The imposing double height entrance hall features a bespoke timber staircase with cast iron balusters imported from France.
Sitting between the formal drawing room to the west of the house and the family kitchen to the east, the entrance hall provides direct access to all the reception rooms, with the formal rooms linked in the tradition of grand architecture as an enfilade.
The bespoke main staircase links the ground and first floor whilst a secondary staircase and six person passenger lift serve every floor. The attention to detail is consistent throughout every room in the house. Luxurious guest cloakrooms feature Carrera marble washstands and hand blocked Soane wallpaper.
The drawing room is divided into three distinct areas; the reading area, main seating area and garden area. The three areas provide seating for fourteen people and ample circulation space for over double that number.
The room has windows to all four aspects providing views over the front garden and east and south lawns. French windows to the east and west provide direct access to the gardens and terrace. The Edelweiss self playing piano and reading area look towards the front of the house and the west lawn. The focal point of the main seating area is the working fire and bespoke Regency style chimneypiece.
Towards the south of the room, the garden area is bathed in direct sunlight throughout the day. The drawing room, is linked directly with the family sitting room, dining room and library.
The family sitting room sits between the drawing and dining rooms. With an intimate corner sofa and contemporary wing chair, this is a comfortable room for informal entertaining.
The deep blue colour scheme contrasts with the lighter colours of the drawing and sitting rooms enhancing the cosy atmosphere.
The wet bar between drawing room and family sitting room includes a fridge and ice box thus ensuring that guests are always easily and well served.
With comfortable seating for ten and the potential to increase further, the dining room is at the epicentre of Cadogan House. The delicate turquoise panelling is offset by bespoke hand printed Chinese wallpaper imported from Hong Kong. The high gloss walnut dining table sits beneath a chandelier from Soho Home.
At the end of the enfilade with views through to the drawing room and entertaining lawn beyond sits the study. Facing due south, this room is bathed in natural light throughout the day.
The kitchen is divided into three distinct areas. With views towards the front of the house, the sitting area features a working fire and large l-shaped sofa.
The cooking area features appliances from Gaggenau and Bosch around the oversized granite island.
To the south of the room the dining area faces over the formal lawn and has direct access to the terrace.
The 12m swimming pool sits within the modern wing of the house. Ceramic tiles from Italy line the pool and enhance the crisp, clean lines of the architecture.
Seven large picture windows look out directly onto the sheltered terrace and formal lawn and provide stunning views of the south elevation of the house.
A pair of double doors provide direct access to the terrace and garden beyond. Behind the pool, the gym has a large picture window looking over the east garden. A massage room and shower room complete the pool complex.
Master bedroom suite:
The master bedroom suite extends to some 1,200 square feet encompassing his and hers dressing rooms and bathrooms.
The bed and sitting areas are separated by a low wall, ensuring the benefit of the triple aspect is enjoyed in both areas. In the centre of the room a working fire set within a bespoke limestone chimneypiece provides a lovely focal point. Hand painted wallpaper was commissioned from Hong Kong, whilst fabrics from Lelievre of Paris and Colefax and Fowler of London accentuate the calm, relaxing feel of the space.
Her bathroom and dressing room:
Her dressing room provides nearly 10 linear meters of regular hanging space and a further 1.8m of double height hanging space. A separate shoe room provides space for shoes and handbags.
Her master bathroom, features an oversized shower, bath, lavatory and bidet, whilst the 2.5m vanity worktop provides ample storage.
The Botticino marble walls and floors are accentuated by the rare British limestone ‘Stoneycomb’, quarried in Derbyshire and available exclusively via a London dealer, this wonderful stone provides a depth of colour and beauty that befits the space, whilst wallpaper from Hermes completes the look.
His bathroom and dressing room
His dressing room provides nearly 8 linear meters of regular hanging space and 1.8 linear meters of full height hanging space.
A signature desk from Decca in Macassar Ebony and American walnut provides a comfortable opportunity for late night working.
His dressing room links directly to his bathroom where the Botticino marble is accentuated by the deep New Saint Laurent marble vanity work top and feature shower wall providing an elegant and rich harmony.
The gardens at Cadogan House are divided into three distinct areas. To the west of the drawing room, the entertaining lawn is shaded by four betula albosinenses and the majestic parottia persica. The main southern entertaining lawn provides a level surface of some 100 square meters. Hidden behind the row of thuja plicatae, lies the pond and woodland garden where an extensive mixture of quercus and pyrus calleryana chanticleer have been planted.
– Bespoke wrought iron gates with intercom and video link
– South Cerney Shingle driveway
– Triple car garage with remote control and one limousine size space
– Landscaped south facing garden of over an acre
– Secluded woodland garden with pond
– Mature planting providing maximum privacy
– Three large terraces
– A total plot size of 1.2 acres
– Double height hallway with bespoke cornices, panel and plaster mouldings
– Bespoke balustrade with decorative cast iron spindles from Paris
– Natural stone flooring to entrance hall and kitchen
– Wide plank dark oak timber flooring to all reception rooms
– Enfilade of reception rooms linking to the hall forming 2,020 sq. ft. of entertaining space
– 760 square foot drawing room with bespoke marble chimneypiece, working fire and direct access to gardens and terrace
– Wet bar with fridge and ice box
– Family sitting room
– Ten seater dining room with crystal chandelier from Soho House
– Study with high gloss furniture
– Kitchen with Gaggenau and Bosch appliances, bespoke limestone chimney piece and working fireplace
– Gym with large picture frame window
– Massage room
– 12m swimming pool with picture windows onto the garden
– Hand painted or hand block wallpapers; signature paints from the Paint and Paper Library
– Triple aspect master bedroom suite featuring: sitting area with limestone chimneypiece and working fire; hand painted Chinese wallpaper and dark oak floor
– His and hers dressing rooms featuring ample storage and luxurious soft carpet
– His and hers marble bathrooms with sanitary ware from Crosswater and feature marble worktops and showers
– Three further bedroom suites with dressing rooms
– Laundry store
– Two playrooms each with three opening roof lights providing an abundance of natural light
– Two en suite bedrooms
– Two family bedrooms
– Family bathroom
– Entertaining room pre-wired for media centre
– Designated room for catering kitchen with severy and soft spot in floor for food service lift
– Double guest lavatory
– Two bedroom staff flat with sitting room and separate staff kitchen
– Crestron home automation and lighting system to all floors
– Central heating system with simple intuitive controls to each floor and high quality Acova radiator
– HD TV distribution system to principal rooms
– In build ceiling speaker to principal rooms and pre wiring to others
– Six person passenger lift to all floors
– Natural lime render with decorative external cornicing and embellishments
– Timber double glazed sash windows
– 10 year BLP structural warranty underwritten by Allianz
– Local Authority: Runnymede Council
Virginia Water Insights
Schools near Virginia Water
Britain has some of the world’s best schools and universities. Please click on the below links to explore just some of the schools which surround your selected property.